Have you discovered mold in your home or business? It’s important to take it extremely seriously. If there is water entering your home due to a roof leak or water line burst, your problems can exponentially worsen very quickly.
Mold exposure can cause many adverse health effects and can also damage your property. We know you’re likely feeling extremely stressed and worried about your findings, and unsure of what to do.
Thankfully, you can relax a little bit because we’re here to help you! Your first step should be giving Dynamic Remediation Solutions a call to schedule an appointment to get it taken care of, but you may be wondering- what can I do until my appointment?
Here are our tips to stay safe and protect your home while waiting for help to arrive:
- Stay away from the problematic area. Mold can make you very sick, and children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory illnesses are more likely to be affected.
- Turn off the HVAC system if possible, and turn off any area fans, as flowing air can carry mold spores to different areas around your property and make the problem even worse.
- In the case of a continuous water leak, turning off the water main might be needed to stop moisture from spreading to other areas.
- DON’T blow any air around visible molded areas, as this will just spread spores.
- DON’T try to clean the mold yourself with disinfectants or touch the mold in any way.
- DON’T paint over or caulk over mold
Your first priority should be keeping yourself and your loved ones safe when you spot mold, so stay away! Make sure to give Dynamic Remediation Solutions a call or contact us online immediately so we can eliminate your mold problem as fast as possible.