Moisture occurs for a variety of reasons, chief among them is when your basement is below grade.
The majority of moisture issues develop from:
- Improper exterior grading
- Insufficient guttering or downspouts
- Lack of air circulation or conditioning
- Cooler surface temperatures when below grade
- Hydrostatic pressure against foundation without proper relief or diversion
- High water tables, ground water bleeding up through the floor
- Lack of water proofing
- Lack of water mitigation designs
- Improper flashing around chimneys
- Improper caulking around dissimilar materials
Why should I be concerned about moisture and water intrusion?
Due to the law of thermodynamics:
- Hot moves towards cold.
- Wet moves towards dry.
- High pressure moves towards low.
- More moves towards less.
- Everything in nature seeks equilibrium.
What this means is that there are no isolated problems when it comes biological or microbial growth and distribution throughout your home.
The number one concern in any musty basement is mold, mildew or biological growth. These growths, specifically mold, grow in humid basements because they require moisture to grow. Mold is a eukaryotic plant-like organism whose spores flock to moisture-rich areas of homes and businesses. While it needs moisture, it differs from plants in that it doesn’t need sunlight to live and grow. This causes your damp and dark basement or crawl spaces to become a mold haven and distribution epicenter.
Your best option to control mold growth is basement waterproofing and moisture control. Mold always needs remediation, and the only way to ensure it doesn’t grow back is to resolve its source, i.e., the moisture problem. Mold is dangerous not only to the structure of your basement, and thereby your home, but also to your health. Mold growth can lead to a plethora of different health symptoms, commonly allergy-like symptoms and worsening of chronic respiratory and health conditions.
What does Dynamic Remediation Solutions Inc., offer for waterproofing solutions?
- Crack Repair- Injection Polyurethane and Epoxies for wall cracks and slabs.
- Drainage System Installation
- Sump Pump Installation
- Foundation Repair
- Footing and Curtain Drains
- French Drains/ tile drains
- Water mitigation designs
- Professional caulking and sealants
How does waterproofing help?
- Our trained technicians will diagnose your moisture source and work tirelessly toward a solution.
- Whether that is a basement dehumidifier or crack repair
- Basement waterproofing and moisture control help your home by saving it from the detrimental effects of moisture.
- Proper grade around the home directing moisture away from the structure.
- Installing, repairing or cleaning gutters and downspouts.
- Adding downspout extensions and exit lines to move water further from the home.
- Interior or exterior waterproofing.
- Installing basement ventilation systems, conditioning systems, or basement dehumidifier systems.
- Removing and re-caulking between dissimilar materials